Attention Snowboarders: You can take better selfies! Check out these 4 GoPro tips for snowboarding selfies to get better shots today.
Ready to hit the slopes this winter? With a dusting of snow on the ground already, snowboarders are busy waxing their boards.
Here are four tips to shoot a great snowboarding GoPro photo burst. The video is hosted by Dan Brisse, professional snowboarder and X-Games Medalist.
More of a skier? Check out these 7 accessories for GoPro ski shots.
4 GoPro Tips for Snowboarding Selfies
These four GoPro tips for snowboarding selfies will help you get better shots the first time you use them. Let’s get started.
- Use a Jaws Flex Clamp. This flex-neck clamp will mount just about anywhere. The neck is removable and you can mount the camera directly to the clamp. This is great for eliminating any shake. The clamp comes very well reviewed – boasting a 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon. GoPro’s version of the Jaws Flex Clamp is $34.99. Check out the Jaws Flex Clamp on Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk Interested in an alternative (less expensive) clamp? See some below the video.
- Pair your GoPro to the Wi-Fi Remote. If you are shooting solo, the remote is the way to go. While you can set the GoPro to time lapse mode (multi-shot continuous: shooting 1 image every half second) this might not be enough to capture your snowboarding action. With the remote, you can trigger the photo burst setting (see more in tip #3) and get the shot you want.
Check out the GoPro remote on Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk
- Use the photo burst mode. With the multi-shot burst, you can shoot up to 30 (12MP) images over 3 seconds. This is the setting used in the video below. With this setting, be sure to hit the shutter a second before you want it to begin. There is always a slight delay from the remote to the camera.
- Use Anti-fog Inserts. The cold air will almost certainly cause moisture to condense inside your waterproof casing. A simple silica-based insert will absorb the humidity and prevent it from fogging up your lens – and ruining your photo. I use the CamKix anti-fog insert. Here are all the anti-fog options.
3 GoPro Tips for Snowboarders (Video)
Watch on YouTube
Alternative to the GoPro Jaws Flex Clamp
While the GoPro Jaws Clamp is a solid option – it isn’t the cheapest. Here are the most popular alternatives, by country.
- (USA) Captain Jaws Flex Clamp: This mount has a longer flex neck and is the best selling powersports photography mount. See it on Amazon.com ($19.99)
- (Canada) XCSOURCE Jaws Flex Clamp: This mount looks almost identical to the GoPro version, but costs less than half. Check it out on Amazon.ca ($29.99)
- (United Kingdom) Coolead 4-in-1 Jaws Flex Clamp: This is a very similar mount, but comes with a much lower price tag, and is compatible with all GoPro cameras. Check it out on Amazon.co.uk (£8.99)
Have a tip to share? Please join the discussion in the comments below.