Curious about all the GoPro Hero4 Black settings? Here are all the settings in a list and in one video. This will make it easier to understand.
In this post, you'll learn about each of the 12 video resolution settings.
Curious about which setting is best? Here are my favorite GoPro settings.
GoPro Hero4 Black Settings: All 12 Resolutions
In the following video, I shot the same scene with all 12 GoPro video settings. To see all the differences, I recommend watching this on your largest screen – and at full screen. You might want to watch it a few times to see all the differences. The first clip was shot at 4K – and they gradually reduce in resolution and quality until the last one, which is WVGA resolution.
In case you're wondering, this video was shot at Halifax's Public Gardens, in Nova Scotia. When I composed the shot, I thought the sun flare would add to it – but I think I was wrong. (Sorry about the blown-out video.) I'm planning a second shoot, where I'll explain each setting on camera.
Watch on YouTube
12 GoPro Hero4 Black Video Settings
Here are the 12 different GoPro video settings. You can increase / decrease the frame rate on most of these.
- 4K SuperView 3840 x 2160 24 fps
- 4K 3840 x 2160 30 fps
- 2.7K SuperView 2704 x 1520 30 fps
- 2.7K 2704 x 1520 30 fps
- 2.7K 4:3 2704 x 2032 30 fps
- 1440 1920 x 1440 30 fps
- 1080 SuperView 1920 x 1080 30 fps: This is a great setting for point of view (POV) video. And it can be shot at up to 80 frames per second – great for slowing the motion.
- 1080 1920 x 1080 30 fps: This is my favorite resolution. I prefer the 60 fps – because it allows the action to be slowed down.
- 960 1280 x 960 60 fps
- 720 SuperView 1280 x 720 60 fps
- 720 1280 x 720 60 fps
- WVGA 848 x 480 240 fps
See all the specific GoPro settings: Resolutions, Frame Rates, and FOV
What's your favorite GoPro video setting? Have a question about the Hero4 Black? Please join the discussion below.